Natural Homemade Toothpaste
For those of us trying to avoid some of the less desirable ingredients that may be present in bought toothpaste such as triclosan, sodium lauryl sulphate and fluoride. Here is a suggested recipe to make up your own toothpaste cheaply and store safely. As well as being incredibly effective, you know now exactly what is in your toothpaste. Packaging waste and potential toxins gone in one with 10 minutes of effort!
- 15 drops of Wild Oregano Oil
- 15 drops of Peppermint Oil
- 6 tablespoons Organic Coconut Oil
- 4 tablespoons Baking Soda
- Mix coconut oil with the baking soda until smooth.
- Add both oils and stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Store the paste in small jars or flat containers.
- Keep in a warm place and to avoid contamination always use a clean spatula or small spoon to scoop onto your toothbrush.