Share this page
Our unique and dedicated urine tests have five essential test elements with no unnecessary elements present to cause confusion or distraction.£12.90
Vets also use these urine test strips to check for infection in a large range of animals. These professional urine test strips tell you whether there is blood in the urine, as well as nitrites and leucocytes. The presence of significant amounts of any of these in the urine is considered a good marker for urinary tract infection. The combination of all three: blood; leukocytes, and nitrites, is considered by medical professionals to be a very strong indicator of infection. You can also monitor pH and progress as you take the WDM. Whether you intend to go down the medical route and take antibiotics, or use an alternative remedy for urinary tract infection, using the UTItest 5V™ urine test strips allow you to monitor the state of your urine.
The addition of protein in urine often means that there is kidney involvement in the infection. For people prone to cystitis there is a good argument for keeping a pack of urine test strips handy in the house, because urine infections have to be stopped quickly before they become complicated and you end up with a kidney infection. Knowledge and swift action can be your best preventative. Pyelonephritis may start with bladder symptoms. However, once the infection has spread to the kidney, signs of more severe illness usually result. They include: back pain, nausea and vomiting, flu like symptoms, confusion (especially in the elderly) and feeling seriously unwell.
Kidney infections need medical attention.
With UTItest 5V urine test strips, you can also check your urine pH. Monitoring the pH of your urine is an important factor in getting control of urinary tract infection because of the way that most bacteria feed on the acids in urine. Contrary to popular belief, taking anything that acidifies your urine such as cranberry juice or tablets, or Vitamin C in the form of Ascorbic Acid, will not kill the bacteria that cause urinary tract infections. Rather, the bacteria will feed on the acids, releasing toxins as they metabolise, and the toxins inflame the bladder tissue, burning off the bladder lining allowing the bacteria to attach themselves deeper in the bladder lining.
Whilst bladder or urinary tract infection in men is far less common than in women, or in children, UTIs in men are often considered more serious because of the possibility of a resulting prostate infection. Monitoring the pH of the urine, important in the case of any urine infection, is therefore even more important in the case of urinary tract infection in men, than it is in urinary tract infection in women or in children.
There is another aspect to monitoring the pH of the urine – when fighting almost all bladder or urinary tract infections, or for that matter, kidney infections, having a urine pH of between 7.5 and 8 can slow down the bacterial metabolism and rate of division. This is usually enough to allow alternative remedies such as Waterfall D-Mannose to flush away the bacteria and get rid of a urinary tract infection or early stage kidney infection.
Urinary tract infections, or rather the bacteria that cause the urine infections, often become antibiotic resistant. So monitoring of the urine for infection is particularly important for men prone to urinary tract infection, such as spinal injury patients, or people who have less than normal bladder control because of debilitating illness. Spinal injury patients are also more prone to kidney infection, because they may miss the signs of the urine infection until it progresses to become a kidney infection. When you cannot feel the burning sensations and bladder cramps that happen when there is urinary tract infection, you need a quick way of being able to do a visual check. With QuicklyTest UTItest 5V urine test strips, the 5 stands for the five reagent elements on each test strip and the results are clear for you to see.
Full instructions on how to use our urine test strips and details of the test elements and reagents used are inside the box, and are also available on visiable in the video above. These instructions are fully detailed, and suitable for medical professionals.
We also provide an easy to use simplified colour guide for those using the test strips at home.
For more detailed advice about interpreting the results of the urine test strips private individuals should consult an expert on the subject, such as a doctor or urologist.
Before you begin using the test strips, familiarise yourself with the position of the 5 reagent patches on the test strips, so that you will know where to look for the things you are measuring.
Note: If you want to check all 5 results, best to do it, until you are familiar with the process, over two or three stages using a fresh test strip each time, rather than trying to check everything on one strip. But basically it is simple – you are looking for green on the bottom three test elements, and pink in the top two.
1. Have the pack of test strips handy and remover the external polythene seal wrapper.
2. Urinate into a clean container.
3. Remove a strip and close the tub tightly.
4. Dip the test strip into the urine for the count of two. Just count ‘one new second two new seconds’.
5. Tap the test strip on the side of the container to remove urine excess. Urine making a connection between test elements confuses the results by passing chemicals between the elements.
6. Wait 30 seconds and check the SECOND FROM BOTTOM (pH) first. If the reagent has gone orange, that’s probably too acidic to help your body get rid of an infection. If it has gone DEEP GREEN remember that high alkalinity may irritate the bladder as much as high acidity. You can adjust your urine pH by diet. See/call a dietician.
7. Immediately then check the MIDDLE ONE (Protein). Any greenish - turquoise colouration indicates the presence of protein. This could mean kidney infection or kidneys not working efficiently. See a medical professional.
8. So, after the first 30 seconds you’ve checked the pH and protein. You check the BOTTOM ONE for Blood next. If within 60 seconds of dipping a strip the bottom indicator goes Green, it means the presence of red blood in your urine. It could have been visible in the sample of urine. This can be caused by a number of different things. See a medical professional for advice.
9. Now switch your thinking to pink… You are looking for pink colouration in the SECOND TOP indicator. This shows the presence of Nitrites which are cracked from Nitrates in our bladder by bacteria, so any pink coloration means you may have a bacterial urine infection.
10. Finally, when you have checked the Nitrites reagent, go to the TOP indicator to look for Leucocytes in your urine (essentially white blood cells). If the TOP INDICATOR goes Pink within two minutes of dipping the strip, bladder or urethral inflammation is indicated and perhaps are present.
The guidelines above are greatly simplified. For professional interpretation of the results, see your doctor or other medical expert. Remember that you should not make a diagnosis or therapy based on one test result alone. Knowledge of the effects of drugs or their metabolites upon the individual tests is incomplete. In doubtful cases, it is therefore advisable to repeat the test after discontinuing a particular drug. Large amounts of ascorbic acid in the urine can produce artificially low to false-negative results for blood and nitrites.
For best performance, don’t touch the reagent spots, and keep the tub of test strips tightly sealed, in a cool dry place.
Do not remove the little desiccant package. Keep out of reach of children. If you forget to close the tub after you remove a test strip, the remaining test strips will become useless within approximately thirty minutes. Don’t remove a strip from the bottle until just before use. Replace the cap immediately after taking out a test strip. Once you have opened a container of test strips you should use them within 3 months.
Sweet Cures’ Anna talks about her battle with cystitis. Read More
50 x 1gram Tablets£19.90
If you suffer from bladder pain or urinary tract infections, Waterfall Dmannose is the fast and all natural way to treat cystitis. Winner of True Health's Alternative Product of 2014 Award!Quantity
50 x Urine Test Strips£12.90
Professional Urine testing for Leukocytes, Nitrites, Protein, pH, Blood and Urinary Tract infections.Quantity